Whirlwind Fighter Project

- Recreating a majestic fighter of WW2

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Digests of 263 Squadron Whirlwind Operations

Reckless Rat

Dear all,

I have (finally) got around to putting some more information on my website which you may find interesting. I have produced digests of Whirlwind operations from the 263 Sqn ORBs broken down by Pilot and by Aircraft serial. So, at a glance you should be able to see all operations flown by a single pilot or aircraft.

To make them universally accessible, they are in htm format.

This is of course limited to 263 Squadron operational matters and dependent on both the accuracy of the original information and my transcription, but I hope it will be of some use.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/laurieburley/jeff/index.html

Also available is an official summary of the Norwegian Expeditions accompanied by diary extracts from F/Lt. C.B. Hull and F/Sgt Hatter of the Maintenance Flight.

Regards,

Jeff

--

"My Lord, I have a cunning plan..."

October 5, 2011 at 3:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mr BlueSky
Administrator

Top Man!!!

Thank the Lord you're a glutton for punishment Jeff, wonderful stuff, will enjoy reading through it all...

Many thanks for all the hard work and time you've spent producing this, it's very much appreciated I can assure you...

Stu...

October 6, 2011 at 5:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Beermat

Jeff, I'm in the Fort St George this very evening (and many other evenings too!), there's a pint or two on me for all that work - you've earned it!

--

Prizes for the correct identification of the wing in the picture...;)

October 6, 2011 at 12:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike Eastman
Site Owner

Great piece of research.I wonder if Tom eeles has anything he would be kind enough to add to what we have so far.I am aware Tom has a fair bit of stuff on the subject his late father being 263 squadrons first  C.O. with Whirlwinds.

October 10, 2011 at 6:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Reckless Rat

Hi all,

Apologies for the necro-thread, but I thought I would spread the word that I'm not dead - just resting.

You may have noticed that my old site dedicated to 263 Sqn disappeared a while back. This is due to Virgin Media ending provision of web hosting space to its customers. I've been rather busy, and it's taken some time to find a new home for the site and get everything transferred. Essentially, the site has been recreated from scratch as Weebly (its new home) doesn't support good old FTP upload.

The new site can be found here:

http://263squadron.weebly.com/

Please update any bookmarks or references.

Thanks,

Jeff

--

"My Lord, I have a cunning plan..."

October 20, 2016 at 5:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.