Whirlwind Fighter Project

- Recreating a majestic fighter of WW2

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > CAD gallery

Spitty

Hydraulic accumulator bottle done.Now for the fittings :)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/Austiger/HydAccumulator.jpg

--

October 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Petrex

Good work. Spitty We always welcome extra hands! On to the next parts!

--

Petrex

October 10, 2013 at 2:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gunnar Olsen

Long time since posting here, been occupied with making drawings :D

Interior showing components placed in the structure. At front, two RAF Type B accumulators. In the middle, the TR1134 wireless radio and the shelf for the R3003 IFF set. At the rear, you can just see the 'Automatic recognition device' (signal flare device)

And then, a little artistry with colors and markings.

--

Gunnar

February 11, 2014 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gunnar Olsen

Long time since last posting but as the rear fuselage is under construction, more time is available for modeling. The next section up for building is the tail, and the structure and details are starting to emerge in the 3d model.

--

Gunnar

June 18, 2015 at 6:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gunnar Olsen

Time for another update. More structure in the tail and some corrections. Added the fin tip ribs and spar, along with the rudder screen and some tailplane ribs.

--

Gunnar

July 3, 2015 at 5:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gunnar Olsen

Finally some news from the CAD department. After a lengthy conversion process, we're up and running on a new CAD system. Everything has been moved over to Fusion360, in order to be able to share and invite more people to help out with the 3D model and drawings. We have people volunteering for this work, and now we're able to take advantage of it. 

At the same time some model news: Ailerons masters are done and rib sketches for the outer wings have been laid out. Some work remains on the tail, but a lot of it has been sorted out.

Unfortunately has all my images in this thread been deleted, I'm trying to sort it out to get them back. Until then, some new ones:

--

Gunnar

August 12, 2016 at 10:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gunnar Olsen

Most images found and replaced.:)

--

Gunnar

August 15, 2016 at 5:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

wunwinglow

Could I volunteer to do some small parts to help out?  Here's one I prepared earlier....

--

August 19, 2016 at 6:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gunnar Olsen

Nice work! what software are you using ? Are you familiar with Fusion 360 from Autodesk? We currently use that for modeling. If not, have a look at this http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/overview and let me know when you are ready :D

PS: What´s the progress on the Slingsby T31b Cadet model?

--

Gunnar

August 20, 2016 at 3:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Paul Sabin

looking Gunna

March 1, 2017 at 5:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dick Leatham
G'Day, I work for a company in Wangratta Vic Australia. We make P40's, new build and resto's, Flying airwothy fullsize. I am tring to talk my boss into making a whirlwind, I know that some parts we can not get like engines. Are there any airframe drawings that are avilable. Cheers Dick Leatham, metalbasher.
May 2, 2017 at 6:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gunnar Olsen

Hello Dick,

Unfortunately, it's not much available when it comes to drawings. We've been working with recreating production drawings for the last few years. A lot of the details are still a work in progress. For now, we'll just have to wait and see how it's coming along.

--

Gunnar

June 13, 2017 at 6:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.